The following checklist provides an example of the type of information relating to each individual installed fire door, that you should include in the fire safety handover pack.
1. The location and rating of every fire door in the building.
2. The fire door certificate – which MUST be relevant to each installed fire door.
3. The type of seal (intumescent / smoke seal / acoustic) fitted to the door or frame.
4. Details of the doorframe (hardwood, softwood, MDF etc.) and how that relates to the fire door test.
5. Details of hinges, closers and other essential building hardware (CE marked) and how that relates to the fire door test.
6. Maintenance information for each component, including the door leaf.
7. Frequency of inspection and maintenance, depending on expected usage of the door.
More information relating to Regulation 38 can be found in our dedicated subject fact card – click here to download.